May 28, 2010

mawwiage...

....is what bwings us togethew today.

Brides and grooms seem to have been a theme in our lives this past month, and that's been just fine with me. Nothing like some good matrimony to get you thinking back on your own special day and how far you've come together. Hubby and I have come quite a ways after nearly 9 years of '..that bwessed awwangement, that dweam within a dweam..'. I'm talking serious downs, and serious ups. It's been the toughest, most wonderful ride of my life and I most certainly don't plan on ever quitting being on it!

We were so lucky to be invited to attend the wedding of our sweet friends Emily and Loek last week, and what a wedding it was. So incredibly well arranged and planned, and that bride. Oh my, that bride sure was a purdy one!

The girls especially were smitten...

Of course Sander and Max had a blast and looked very handsome.


And just so you don't think I was secretly absent, here I am sitting in the dining area, lovingly gazing at my son being cooed over by 7 somewhat tipsy ladies.

It was such a beautiful day, and they newlyweds managed to organise everything just perfectly. The atmosphere was relaxed and happy, even though you could tell how much thought had gone into everything to get it to a very high standard. Congrats again to Mr. and Mrs. van der Linden!

And wove, twue wove, wiww fowwow you fowevah and evah…

On to our next Holy Matrimony! This one will need a bit of explaining, but allow me to show you a picture to begin with.

Yep. That's my 6-year-old bride daughter and her 6-year-old groom. 'What on earth..?' probably comes to mind first! Here's the deal: my children go to a Waldorf school, and these schools are very into the changing of the seasons, and the many, mainly Christian, celebrations and stories that go with those seasons. Last weekend was Pentacost so on Friday this was celebrated by a couple from each class dressing up as a bride and groom, and dancing around the May Tree (not an actual tree, but more a big pole with many pastel coloured ribbons attached) together with the rest of the class (who all wear flowers in their hair). It's seriously the cutest thing you've ever seen, I love it! I was so proud of Lara being picked to play the bride that I didn't even mind making her that paper flower bouquet, or french braiding her hair halo-style. I beamed every single time I overheard other parents commenting to each other how beautiful she was.


Wow I love those two. I would say I can't wait until they really do get married, but I really don't want time to hurry up. It goes too fast as it is. With the exception of these last weeks of pregnancy, they need to go waaayyy faster! I'm done with the Braxton-Hicks contractions and utterly ready for labour to start now!

Right-O. It's sunny out, I'm signing off. Have a beautiful weekend everybody!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.