May 20, 2010

37 weeks...

....and still counting! 


Through some kind of miracle my mother was actually able to make it over here as scheduled. I picked her up from Schiphol Airport yesterday morning and found out we still have the same genes: we showed up in nearly identical outfits (white pants and a green top). She flew stand-by thanks to a friend at Delta who let her use a buddy pass. That meant a MAJOR discount on the ticket, and we love a good discount. 

She brought me all kinds of goodies from the USA, including a 2 pound box of See's Candy..... boy do I love my mother!I had 'ordered' a few things for her to bring over because they're either impossible to get here, or ridiculously expensive. I got a new laundry sorter (an absolute essential in this house), a cupcake stand to help add fun to birthday parties, and a huge amount of candy and cake mixes. The best part: mom and dad decided I wasn't going to pay them back for any of it because they wanted it to be an early Birthday present! Thank you guys, I love you! They didn't leave out Sander and the kids either, they're the best. Even my sister Marissa sent a gift over for the new baby: a beautiful warm knit blanket... I love it Marissa, thank you.

So yeah, we'll give mom a few days to get over jetlag, and then it's baby birthing time as far as I'm concerned! Next Monday sounds kinda nice...

1 comment:

flowerblom said...

Wow your mam is very generous in giving you a birthday present from your dad... Good that I know, that will be it for 5 years to come. If I was as fat as you are I would not show my picture.... You look pretty explosive, I bet you will not get through any security screening....
Dad

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.