Sep 15, 2010

music monday V2.2....

.... on Wednesday, with more food than music.

And also the recipes from the previous post, quickly before you knock my door down. You're not a patient bunch when it comes to a good recipe are ya! I don't blame you. I must warn those of you on diets though, since the previous post I have baked Peach Shortbread and I'm afraid I have yummy pictures.

LOOK AWAY!


Mmmmm.

And now without further ado, the recipes:

Apple Crisp
For the filling:
5 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks
juice of 1/2 a lemon
3 tbsp sugar
For the crisp:
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp salt
6 tbsp cold butter (or 85 grams), cut into smallish squares
1/3 cup oats

Set your oven to 190 Celcius to preheat and get your food processor out. Begin with throwing the ingredients for the filling together in a bowl, stirring well to coat the apples with lemon and sugar. Set aside.
Then you simply throw all of the ingredients for the crisp into the food processor and pulse them till it comes together a bit. It will be very crumbly!
Then you grease a pan, throw in the apples, cover them with the crisp mixture and bake them in the center of the oven for about 30-40 minutes, until the crisp is a nice golden brown and the sides are bubbling. I recommend you eat it hot with vanilla ice cream.

Banana Bread
3 big or 4 small ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter (or 75 grams)
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 1/2 cups flour

Set you oven to 170 Celcius and grab a bowl. Mash the bananas and throw in all the ingredients but leave the flour. Stir well. Then add the flour and stir again until incorporated. Grease a pan, put mixture in the pan and bake for about 45 minutes, or until brown and a tooth pick comes out clean (I had to bake one for 60 minutes the other day).

Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup shortening or melted butter/margarine
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla (or a bit more if you really love a rich vanilla taste)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups flour
about 2 cups of chocolate chips/chunks (I can't buy chips over here so I just cut up dark chocolate bars) 

Preheat the oven to 175 Celcius and melt the butter/margarine if you're going to use that. Then again you mix everything together, except the flour. Add the flour until incorporated and don't be scared if your dough seems runny. This is because you melted the butter, the cookies will still turn out amazing. Then stir in the chocolate (and nuts, if you like them in your cookies!) and line a cookie sheet with some parchment paper. I put 12 blobs of dough approx. 3/4 inch in diameter on my sheet and that gives me about 36 medium cookies from this recipe. Bake them for 8 minutes if you like them extra chewy, bake them for 10 if you prefer crispier. I find that 9 minutes gives them the perfect crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside texture. Oh, can I just say, these are even better if you wrap the dough in cling film and let it sit in your fridge for a few hours (that will also take care of the 'runniness'!).



As for the Peach Shortbread, allow me to just link you to this amazing website I was referred to not too long ago by someone who can only be described as, like, totally awesome for knowing this website.

Now run along quickly while I add some more pics of the kiddo's, before you notice that besides it not being Monday, I also actually add any music to this post...


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.