Apr 27, 2010

let them eat...

...steak! I apologise in advance to any readers who are vegetarians or perhaps even vegans... but when this lady is in her final months of pregnancy (now 34 weeks to be exact) she craves meat. Any who know me well know that this is really out of the ordinary for me. I've never been big on meat, especially red meat like steak. I had a bit of a vegetarian spell during High School but it didn't last long.. I enjoy chicken a bit too much. These days we do take a bit of pride in not being a big meat consuming family. Typically we'll have meat with our dinner 3-4 times a week and for the same amount of days the kids enjoy some lunch meat on their sandwiches. That's it, I promise! Chicken is still my absolute favourite and thus consumed most often, and ground beef runs a close second because it works well in a couple of my standard italian and mexican recipes. I'm not a big fan of pork at ALL... except bacon (yummm). And steak, well, a big ol' slab of bleeding meat on my plate reheheheaally just doesn't do it for me. Don't even get me started on game and organ meat. Ew. 

But today folks, today is different. Today I have hormones surging through my huge body that require animal sacrifice! We've had steak in the freezer twice this week already, and I know that tonight's is going to be the best because I've had a bit of practice by now. My mouth waters at the thought. I shall have fried up onions, mushrooms and bell peppers with it, and broccoli and of course the Dutch national vegetable: taters. I shall enjoy it... especially after having blogged about it which has seriously increased the rather intimidating appetite I already had before sitting down at the computer. 

I'm going to have to be patient a little while longer though, so I'll kill some time by adding some cute pictures of the kids at the playground yesterday and the Zuiderpark today:


It's a bit weird ending this post with a picture of cute, fuzzy baby ducks.... and a huge craving for meat.
I better go cook.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.