Apr 1, 2013

tiny tea leaves for Ella

I hope everyone had a lovely Easter! We spent ours in West Valley with my sister and her family. We visited their church and watched the kids when Marissa and Andrew sang in the choir and taught their classes. I think poor little Karsten likes me a little less than he once did, if the constant screaming was any indication, haha! Kate and the kids joined us for dinner, which was a decadent feast of deliciousness, and brought an eclair cake. I gained 2 lbs, Easter was a success. 

So, I had been looking for the perfect knitting project for my niece Ella for a while when I stumbled across MADELINETOSH's pattern for the Tiny Tea Leaves cardigan. I found some lovely pink yarn (50% wool/50% acrylic) at my favorite local yarn shop The Needlepoint Joint, on 25th street, and took home 2 skeins in the hope it would be enough for this project. It's difficult to describe the high I get from picking and casting on a new knitting project, but add to that a yarn I really like and the prospect of seeing a little girl I really love running around in a hand knit cardigan just for her, and I become positively giddy! This project was a dream - the instructions were so easy to follow, and i felt like it knit up really quickly thanks to the worsted yarn weight. Once I started the sleeves I realized I wasn't going to make it with my 2 skeins, so I made a last minute decision to turn it into a short-sleeved cardigan. I think it worked perfectly! 
DSC_7420p DSC_7424p DSC_7428p
I gave Ella her finished cardigan for Easter, and it looks adorable on her. It fits slightly on the big side with her tiny frame, which is perfect for getting a lot of wear out of it. 
I have some more projects that I've finished over the last while, that I'll work on getting some decent photos of so I can share. Currently I'm working on a baby sweater for a pregnant friend, who shall remain nameless so that the surprise can be preserved!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.