Apr 11, 2013

thursdays

Thursdays are starting to be incredibly good days for me, for the following reason: Thursdays have become Sander's set day to work from home. Now I don't know if I've ever expressed this properly, but let me take this opportunity to tell you that I have the best husband in the world. You may think yours is great, but I tell you, mine is better! On these Thursdays he does things like sneak out of bed early because he knows I won't wake up unless an alarm goes off or I am otherwise violently awoken. He then proceeds to get all the kids out of bed, dressed, fed, and ready for school. By the time I wake up, which happened to be 8.30 this morning, the house is all quiet an peaceful because he's taken all four kids with him to drive the girls to school.
Another thing he does is take me out to lunch, or he'll go and pick up a yummy lunch for us from that place he knows I love. And sometimes, after lunch when we've put Elliot down for his nap, and Max is in his room for his daily 'quiet playtime', he'll tell me to go out and enjoy some time alone. Last week I went and saw a movie with my mom, and the week before I was able to go to the mall and window shop for what seemed like a blissful eternity (but what was in fact 90 minutes).
I think it's only fair that I let him know that when I am out like that, really I am just looking forward to coming back home to kiss my handsome husband. I can just see him reading that  last sentence - he giggles like a 13-year-old girl every time I call him handsome! And even though he was there when I recorded it (he's my camera man), I wanted to post this song here and dedicate it to him.

Sander, I just wanna hold your hand!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.