Aug 24, 2011

limits

Elliot and I would like to remind all of you that we are pretty awesome. To please always be nice to us and give us lots of hugs. Also, that we respond best to kind words and love and are more than happy to reciprocate both. Heck, we're even happy to make the first step at all times.
Yesterday was a little tough in the nice department - some people seemed to think we are intentionally out to hurt them and said some hurtful things, and then didn't give us a chance to say our part. I don't think that's right, you should always hear all sides and, at the very least, acknowledge everyone's humanity. I also don't think it's right to think you can say whatever you want when you are hurt. I think there are limits, no matter what you are feeling. If there is something you want to blame me for, it had better be that you gained weight because I baked you too many yummies. That, I will happily take the blame for.
On the upside: after all the sadness that was yesterday, we came home to find my Social Security Number in the mail - 4 weeks earlier than anticipated. That speeds up the emigration process by a whole month. That was a very, very welcome blessing yesterday and made Elliot and I grateful kids once again. That is all.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.