Sep 19, 2011

music monday V2.9

I washed my hands before I sat down and everything because, yes boys and girls, it's time we brought Music Monday back. But before I continue I would just like to take a moment to let the world know that I love spray shampoo in a can. With all my little heart. That's been needing to get out for a while now, whew. Right. Back to the order of the day, namely getting you geared up with some loverly tunes to listen to on this unusually sunny Monday.

1. Say Hi To Your Mom - Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh
I was reminded of this when I went to see Crazy, Stupid Love with a bunch of girlfriends. Very nice soundtrack on that, but what was up with the PG-13 rating? Major F-bomb and several extremely inappropriate story lines. There is no way I would want my teenager getting any of the ideas presented in that movie in their head! It seems just not right to me that you would make a film with a story such as that one, and then merely minimise the swearing and actual nudity, just to get it approved for a wider audience. But I guess it would take a fool to go looking for morals in Hollywood. Oh goodness, I'm sounding like my Sunday School teacher. Actually, I am a Sunday School teacher so I guess that justifies that.


2. Justin Townes Earle - Harlem River Blues
Love, love, love this. Really though, with a name like that, how could it not be good?



3. Lulu and the Lampshades - You're Gonna Miss Me
For some crazy reason a cover of this (which was good, don't get me wrong) went viral instead of the original which is, in my humble opinion, a hundred times better. And we all remember playing the cup game around the table, don't we? So original!


4.Flight Facilities - Crave You Feat. Giselle
I don't ever listen to the radio, and this is one of those songs I suspect of having been played on the radio for a while now. So I apologise if this is very old news, but how can you not dance to this? I love her innocent vocals over that beat!


5. Owen Pallett - A Man With No Ankles
Don't know much about this guy except helloooooo, this song!


That's it for today! I'm going to gear up to watch the Queen go by in her gold carriage tomorrow with Lindsey. It'll take me a while to get an outfit together that looks halfway regal..

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.