New Years resolutions sort of scare me. It must have to do with the fact that when I was younger and more enthusiastic I would go absolutely nuts writing them down and ending up with about 40 resolutions that I was adament about keeping to perfection. Needless to say I got REALLY disappointed REALLY fast! This is the first year since a good while that the ol' resolutions seem to be finding their own way into my head and life so it seems appropriate to 'say them out loud' and ease myself back in to this basically good tradition.
Behold, my resolutions for 2010:
1. Continue to blog on a regular basis that feels right.
2. Try new recipes and make them more than once if enjoyed by myself and the family.
3. Go to the dentist after I have the baby. I might share my dentist horror history here sometime. Suffice it to say for now that things inside my mouth are, well, not good.
4. Remember to make the kids my first priority in everything.
5. Email/call/visit friends and family as often as I can, and maybe even try to make some new friends.
6. Never have more than 3 loads of laundry waiting to be done.
There. Six of them. I think I should be able to handle that. I've already been going strong in #2, much to my and my family's enjoyment! So far I've succesfully tried the following recipes: Cream cheese&vanilla Fruit Dip, Oriental style meat balls, Mini Bacon&Onion Quiches and Chicken Quesadillas. Tonight I'll be trying my hand at this recipe for Fetuccine Alfredo which I am looking forward to like you wouldn't believe!