Jun 19, 2012

the pool the pool we love the pool!

We may be missing the Dutch beaches like crazy... but there are a couple of things that soothe that ache. For one the almost constant hot and sunny weather here is making my summer-lovin heart jubilant. Secondly, we have an outdoor pool at our constant disposal thanks to our gym membership. In fact, come June 30th we will be living at a stone throw's distance from our beloved source of water fun.
Yes, this place has lifeguards, free life jackets for the littler ones who don't know how to swim yet, lawn chairs, picknick tables, and a grassy patch with a huge parasol for those who want to keep a little cooler. It really is lovely and I can already tell that this is where we will be spending the vast majority of our summer. The first time I took the kids, you should have seen their eyes popping out of their little heads. Like it was Disneyland, but without the waiting in line. Max especially just could not believe that I would let him jump into the water all by himself once he got floaties secured to his arms, and a tube around his waist.
See that girl? Never a swimming lesson in her life and she is a natural. I made her use floaties the first couple of times but she seemed to completely comfortable in the water that I went in with her one day and let her take them off. She nearly swam the entire width of the pool all by herself! I started the girls on beginner's swimming lessons a few weeks ago, which has only added to their natural confidence and ability in the water. Julia wouldn't even put her face under water a few months ago. Now, she'll go under and swim a full 6-7 feet (I mean 2 meters?) before coming back up. 
And I? I get to lounge around, take a dip when I start overheating, enjoy the kids' laughter and listen to music while working on my tan. Yeah, I love the pool. 

1 comment:

Kyle said...

Looks like you are spending your hot summer wisely :)

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.