May 14, 2011

no seriously, I'm OK.

I seem to have worried a few people with my previous post. Things aren't as bad as they sound people, it's just a little weird thing I do every month for a couple of days, and then I'm fine again, almost like a normal person and everything!
To prove that I am quite all right I did some gardening yesterday after getting 9 whole hours of sleep the night before. Of course I don't actually have a garden and my fingers are about as green as this guy's:
But Lara and I got us some earth, emptied all of last years failed horticultural experiments in the trash, and got to it. I say we, but really Lara did most of the work. She filled the pots with fresh earth, dug little seed-nests with her fingers, and planted Lavender, Sweet Pea, and some other stuff I don't remember the name of but it was pink and purple (hey I let her choose).
We were in fact so inspired (read: Julia was so mad we did it without her) that today we're getting a bit more earth and seeds to fill up the last pots with herbs. After that the waiting game begins. Luckily the Farmer's Almanac tells us that yesterday and today are perfect days for planting and sowing. I like to think I was inspired.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.