Just some good old goings on and musings today.
1. I am basically a single mother this week because Sander has some sort of huge overhaul at work that's causing him to make 28-hour days. Ergo I am tired, and in such dire need of adult conversation that I kept the telesales person on the line for 40 minutes last night. Without buying anything. Poor girl.
2. "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" -- Groucho Marx
4. Interesting films watched recently: The Adjustment Bureau (an different take on fate), Never Let Me Go (a depressing take on the future of mankind and its longevity), Adam (adorable movie about a 29 yo man-boy with Asperger's Syndrome) and finally, I saw Annie Hall for the first time in my life. Loved it, luurrved it, loaved it, luffed it.
5. Lara has a serious stinky feet problem, I wonder where she gets it from... definitely not me.
6. You should read this beautiful poem by Frank O'Hara called For Grace, After A Party:
You do not always know what I am feeling.
Last night in the warm spring air while I was
blazing my tirade against someone who doesn't
me, it was love for you that set me
and isn't it odd? for in rooms full of
strangers my most tender feelings
bear the fruit of screaming. Put out your hand,
an ashtray, suddenly, there? beside
the bed? And someone you love enters the room
ans says wouldn't
you like the eggs a little
And when they arrive they are
just plain scrambled eggs and the warm weather
7. I would have way too much fun going to bed if I owned these sheets:
All images in this post via WeHeartIt