Nov 22, 2010

In the morning...

... I am two different people.

It sometimes takes me a full hour to even sort of grasp what's going on around me in the morning. Sleep does things to me that seem to go straight to my core and I wake up befuddled and out of the loop, hardly ever refreshed and, for lack of a more appropriate word, awake. I get out of the relative safety of my bed on auto pilot and often an hour later I'll find myself in some place that isn't my home, wearing two different socks, having forgotten to brush my hair, or without milk for the baby. I'm honestly surprised I've never ventured out in my slippers instead of my shoes.

I am Captain Confusion, here I come to fog your day!

For the second half of the morning I turn into a well-oiled machine of effectiveness. I can do a whirlwind session around the house and get the whole place tidied up, the bathroom cleaned, the floors swept, the dishwasher unloaded, the laundry folded, the beds changed and the vegetables for dinner cleaned, in 2 hours. For 2 hours of every day my head is miraculously CLEAR and I can focus on any task at hand and complete it without becoming distracted.
Wow, just typing that made me short of breath!
Only in the morning it seems. As soon as the first part of the day has passed, basically right after lunch time, confusion sets back in and I can literally stand and stare at a wet cloth in my hands for 15 minutes straight, trying to figure out what the best surface would be to clean first, finally throwing the rag back into the sink feeling physically fine but mentally defeated. By a rag.

So anyway :)

Here is a delightful stop-motion music video about mornings in bed!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

me like this song and music video mucho, thank you

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.