Jun 10, 2013

hot fun in the summertime

With the temperatures having risen to a steady 85-99 degrees F here in Utah (that's 29-37 C) we have been spending most of our time in the shade, near water, and enjoying our wonderful backyard. While these high temperatures can only motivate me to curl up into a ball of sweaty misery next to the air conditioning vent, the kids seem to thrive on them. They know our summer vacation treat this year is a season pass to the local water slide park and that is the sole topic of harassment. I was going to say 'conversation' but when you have 4 kids constantly bombarding you with whine-question torpedoes, harassment is really more accurate.

*quick in-between-note: Lara just informed me that she will name her first daughter Wendy's, and her first son Denny's. I figure she should just have 4 more boys so she can name them Five Guys. (that one was thanks to my mom's quick wit)*DSC_7862 DSC_7872 DSC_7886 DSC_7883
It's safe to say these guys love the Slip 'n Slide. Unfortunately our outside water pressure leaves a bit to the imagination. Anybody out there have any ideas on how to deal with that? The water is supposed to be shooting up at least 2 feet and instead we get a pathetic 2 inches. Though I must admit the girls found a way to make it work:DSC_7888 DSC_7879 DSC_7901 
I have to say, I have a feeling this summer is going to be really nice. We have our weekly kid's movie passes ($1 per child for 1 movie each week for 10 weeks of summer), our water park passes, one more month of gym membership with access to the outdoor pool, Oma and Maarten coming to visit in July (yay!), weekly library activities, and the South Ogden splash pad. We've also planned a few short camping trips around Utah. Add to that the yard with sprinklers, jungle gym, and slip 'n slide... and I think we'll be O.K.! 

Oh and I nearly forgot: summer music!


*another side note: Julia knocked on my bedroom door early this morning all wide-eyed and serious looking. Here is what she had to report: "Mom there are ghosts in the living room. I can see them because of the little boy in my brain. He says there is also one in daddy's office but that he is a bad one and we're not supposed to look at him." 
I have put her up for sale on Ebay, she's yours for real cheap.*

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.